Antonello luxury eco-conscious handbag ranges are designed in London - UK and hand crafted in Sardinia - Italy. Materials and production processes are carefully selected to offer you the most exclusive eco-luxuries.
Antonello eco-friendly claims:
- Manufacturing techniques. All the fabrics used are hand produced on traditional looms, this tend to use less energy. Every factory and workshop has a few fabrics on display, weaving is generally done to order. As well as the classical styles, fabrics can be done in any design and in any colour a client submits.
- Local natural wool . These fibres come from organic farmed sheep (conventional farming is a huge consumer of non-renewable fossil fuels. Sardinian farmers have been using organic farming for generations, this tend to use less energy).
- Wools dyed locally with Sardinian plants. Antonello exclusive 'luxury eco' line of accessories also uses sustainable yarns made with Sardinian sheep wool dyed locally with Sardinian plants.
- Regenerated Cotton. Hand-woven recycled and regenerated cotton yarns are also widely used in the Antonello collections.
- Production processes. Fabrics and handbags are hand produced in ethically managed factories - workshops are entirely managed by women: all the companies are inspected regularly by government officials to check compliance to European legislation.
- Recycled linings and care bags. The Antonello handbag linings are made of beautiful ends of rolls and off cuts recycled new fabrics from Sardinian textiles factories. These fabrics would usually end up in skips and landfill, to be incinerated.